Sunday 24 June 2012

AHA……Finally the arrival of rainy season....The season which brings my childhood memories back.....The Season of Romance!!!

                The much awaited rain in Mumbai has finally arrived! I have heard from my parents that in their days of schooling rain would always touch Mumbai on 7th June. But now, due to pollution and all the adverse effects on our environment, rainy season is delayed! If our environment would have been free from global warming then we could have also experience rain exactly on the same day every year. If there was no global warming then our life would have been so beautiful!!! But hey, if you are thinking that I am going to talk about global warming then you are wrong!!! This rain today in Mumbai inspired me to write…..to write about the most romantic season…..RAINY SEASON!
Today, when I saw the rain splashing on my window I was taken aback to my childhood memories……I could see myself making the paper boats, I was with my best friend, we were holding umbrellas and trying to float our boats in the puddles near our house. There came the rickshaw and splashed water on our boats and then there was just paper and no boats! HEY COME BACK…..I know you must be remembering your childhood!!! I still remember how my grandma use to stop me from going out so that I don’t get wet but as every kid I used to love rain and I was unstoppable!!!
When in my childhood I used to wait for the rain, I used to sing the song…..
Yere Yere Pausa
Tula Dete Paisa,
Paisa Zala Khota
Ani Paus Aala Motha!!!!
I still love rain but as you know now the reason changes. Earlier the love for rain was just because of the fun we had in rain and now…..it is also because of romance! Now, as I returned from my memories I saw a couple getting drenched it this rain and here comes the feeling of romance. I bet, even if you are single you would be feeling the love in the air! I don’t know what is it in the rain that is so romantic but there is definitely something! Have you ever thought why does every romantic movie has atleast one shot in the rain? Why is the rain so full of romance? There is no particular answer to this but we all feel it. Hey, do you remember the song in rain in the movie Hum Tum? I am sure if you are a movie bluff like me you will sure do remember!!! It is one of the most romantic rainy songs ever!
It is such a beautiful song…..
Saanson Ko Saanson Mein Dhalne Do Zara...
Dhiimii Sii Dharkan Ko Bharne Do Zara
Lamhon Kii Guzaarish Hai Yeh
Paas Aa Jaa'en
Hum Hum Tum
Tum Hum Tum….
With time everything changed……emotions, songs. But, only one thing remained the same and that is…..My Love…..My love for rain!!!!
               

1 comment:

  1. wow it is such a beautiful article.you have describe rain so beautifully.
    u have said rightly rain is one of the romantic season.......................................
    luv ur article

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive